Well, well, well…
With 14 days to go until election day, Obama has finally unveiled his NEW and IMPROVED plan for the next 4 years.
The empty chair and opened an empty binder.
It’s time for a new economic patriotism, rooted in the belief that growing our economy begins with a strong, thriving middle class. Over the past 31 months, American businesses have created 5.2 million jobs. Independent economists project that our economy will create an additional 12 million jobs in the next four years. The President believes we must do even more to grow our economy and strengthen the middle class. The goal of his jobs plan is to strengthen middle-class security by making smart investments in education and training, growing small businesses, promoting technology and innovation, and reducing the deficit.
Good grief…THAT is the opening salvo in the Emperor’s “new” “A Plan for Jobs & Middle Class Security.”
The 23 page glossy pamphlet goes on to talk about hiring 100 thousand new teachers and building roads and bridges…Raising taxes on the wealthy and using “war savings” to cut the deficit.
1. President Obama’s plan reduces the deficit by more than $4 trillion over the next decade, including $1 trillion in spending cuts he signed into law last summer, and cutting $2.50 in spending for every $1 in additional revenue from the wealthiest families and closing corporate loopholes.
2. The plan makes sure millionaires aren’t paying lower tax rates than many middle-class families.
3. President Obama would commit half of the money saved from responsibly ending wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to reducing the deficit and the other half to putting Americans back to work rebuilding roads, bridges, runways, and schools here in the United States.
Welcome to the new plan…Same as the old plan.
1. Cutting tuition growth in half over the next ten years. We can make college more affordable by continuing tax credits to help middle-class families afford college tuition, doubling the number of work-study jobs and creating incentives for schools to keep tuition down.
2. Recruiting and preparing 100,000 math and science teachers. We can out-compete China and Germany by out-educating them. The STEM Master Teacher Corps and investments in research and innovation into the best ways to teach math and science will help improve math and science education nationwide.
The 100 thousand teachers is a transparent attempt to boost the teacher’s union dues base and his party’s voter registration rolls and if he’s as successful at cutting tuition growth rates as he’s been at cutting the deficit, college students can expect their tuition to double.
2. Investing in domestic energy sources including wind, solar, clean coal, nuclear, and biofuels. All while increasing our energy efficiency.
3. Doubling fuel economy of cars and light trucks to 54.5 mpg by 2025, which will reduce oil consumption by 2.2 million barrels a day and save consumers more than $8,000 at the pump.
So…Apparently, inflating your tires isn’t the answer after all but…increasing the fuel efficiency standards which will…Increase the cost of a new car…IS and considering that your average annual income is down by $4300.00 wipes out the other half of the 8k he thinks this will save you at the pump.
With regards to the Emperor’s hot air energy programs…Dear God.
IF and it’s a big IF…energy produced from wind and solar has doubled…that’s quite an accomplishment considering he poured loads and loads of our taxpayer dollars into it and when you weigh the subsidies to green energy against those for fossil fuels per kilowatt hours of energy produced…
The WorldWatch Institute admits: “Estimates based on 2009 energy production numbers placed renewable energy subsidies between 1.7¢ and 15¢ per kilowatt-hour (kWh), while subsidies for fossil fuels were estimated at around 0.1–0.7¢ per kWh.”
The fact of the matter is this…Obama’s reboot smells like an old boot worn by a sewer worker.
There’s absolutely nothing…NOTHING new in his “new” plan.
It’s a half-hearted attempt to defend the last 4 years of failed policies combined with the same tired and factually devoid attacks against Mitt Romney.
There is a very good reason why Obama didn’t roll this “new” plan out until after the last debate.
It would have been like putting a baseball on a tee for the home run derby champion.
Now, Obama and his minions are trying to tout this “new” old plan as the niftiest thing since the invention of what Obama believe is the now obsolete bayonet and by comparison, it’s as sharp as a door knob.
Independents and undecided voters in swing states will take a look but, knowing they’re NOT better off now than they were 4 years ago, even those who voted for “Hope and Change” in 2008 will turn toward Romney and Ryan this time around.
Like rats jumping from the sinking ship, it’s hard to believe that even members of the Emperor’s own party who are up for reelection won’t take their chances, sink or swim, on their own rather than clinging to the anchor and calling it a floatation device.
The idea behind this repackaging of old, failed ideas seems simple.
Remember when Obama was asked about his biggest mistake?
“When I think about what we’ve done well and what we haven’t done well,” the president said, “the mistake of my first term – couple of years – was thinking that this job was just about getting the policy right. And that’s important. But the nature of this office is also to tell a story to the American people that gives them a sense of unity and purpose and optimism, especially during tough times.”
“It’s funny – when I ran, everybody said, well he can give a good speech but can he actually manage the job? And in my first two years, I think the notion was, ‘Well, he’s been juggling and managing a lot of stuff, but where’s the story that tells us where he’s going?’ And I think that was a legitimate criticism.”
He just didn’t tell the story.
Now, he’s retelling the same old story…by adding pictures…BIG pictures that take up at least 3/4 of the entire whatever it is.
The bottom line is this: There is not one single “new” thing in the “new” plan. It’s the exact same plan that the Emperor has had in place for the last 4 years and there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe it will work any better in the next 4 years.
You can find it in the fiction section or, by clicking here.